This programme is designed to give supervisors and managers key learning and new skills, which will enable them to improve and continue to drive performance through people with the overall aim of helping them to engage more effectively with their teams and colleagues. Also to enhance managers & supervisors people skills and performance management capabilities.
EMSP – Essential Management Skills Programme
In other words, to “get the job done” through willing commitment of individuals. The style of training is very much interactive and practical – allowing rapid and beneficial translation into the workplace. It is important that a good baseline understanding of the skills of management and leadership, coupled to effective team working, make up the first two days. This is important in order to assess a base line level of knowledge and skills from which to move forward. Understanding when to manage and when to lead can be crucial to success and this will be a focus for all who attend.
Essential Management Skills Training Programme Overall Outcomes
- To raise levels of employee Motivation.
- To increase the readiness of employees to accept change.
- To improve the quality of all managerial decisions.
- To develop team-work and morale.
- To further development of employees.
The EMSP Programme is ideal for potential or new Supervisors and managers or those with experience but who have not had formal soft skills training. This is a 5 day, highly practical programme with certification from ILM on completion which can be branded with your company logo. The programme allows flexibility in module design and content which we will discuss with you. Key emphasis is on delegate completion of action plans for transfer of skills.
EMSP Managers programme DAY ONE Objectives By the end of day one, each person will be able to:
- Distinguish between leadership and management.
- Recognise their own leadership style.
- Identify and understand various approaches in leading others.
- Employ key competencies of visioning, aligning, delegation, motivating and inspiring others.
- Use the “Team leadership Compass” toolkit.
EMSP Managers programme DAY TWO Objectives By the end of day two, each person will be able to:
- Recognise effective approaches to teamwork.
- Understand how teams develop.
- Use a Team Leadership template (toolkit) to diagnose and repair team faults and build effective teamwork principles.
- Recognise the need for collective problem solving and apply appropriate techniques.
- Develop people and Manage Performance – including under performance options and processes.
EMSP Managers programme DAY THREE Objectives By the end of day three, each person will be able to:
- Recognise effective communication in the workplace.
- Understand Barriers to communication.
- Apply assertiveness techniques to create win/win communication and deal effectively with difficult behaviour.
- Use a template (toolkit) to manage difficult behaviour professionally.
- Understand the importance of feedback, (constructive challenge), as an integral part of communication for performance and motivation – making people accountable.
EMSP Managers programme DAY FOUR Objectives By the end of day Four, each person will have:
- Explored and understood reasons for change.
- Become aware of the natural responses to change.
- Understood techniques for managing change at each stage of response.
- Identified ways of increasing efficiency & effectiveness through better time management.
- Ability to differentiate between the different demands on your time and set prioritise effectively.
- Tools to be able to utilise time more effectively and understand common problems of time management.
EMSP Managers programme DAY FIVE Objectives By the end of day Five, each person will have:
- Participated in a range of exercises designed to test understanding of the first four days learning.
- Become aware of their natural strengths and areas for development.
- Completed a Personal Action Plan.
Book a Free Training Day – Call us today
True leadership is … “getting people to do what you need them to do, in the way it needs to be done, in the given time frame – because they want to do it!”