A landing page is designed to encourage a particular action, such as signing up for a newsletter, downloading an eBook or making a purchase. The main aim of a landing page is to drive conversions, but this doesn’t always happen straight away. Sometimes, you need to work on improving the conversion rate of your landing page, and there are a variety of ways to do this.
How to Improve Conversion Rates of Your Landing Pages
1. Write a Clear and Compelling Headline – You need to engage someone the moment they arrive on your landing page, and a lot of this comes down to your headline. Your headline is the first thing that a visitor will see of your website – it could even be the first thing they see of your business, if they weren’t aware of who you are and what you do beforehand – and it should immediately convey the value of what you have to offer. It should be clear, concise and enticing, and it needs to grab visitors’ attention straight away. Unless a visitor is instantly interested in what your landing page has to offer, they are likely to click off and take their business elsewhere.
2. Take Feedback and Analysis On Board – You should regularly gather feedback from users to get an idea of whether they are satisfied with what the landing page has to offer. Analyse your landing page’s performance using analytics tools, and then use this data to make informed improvements.
3. Add Engaging Visuals – A landing page is a way to highlight something specific that your business has to offer, and a lot of this information is provided in the form of written content. However, visuals are just as important. You need to use high-quality images, videos and graphics that relate to what you have to offer, and your visuals need to resonate with your target audience. Not only are visuals a lot more eye-catching and engaging than text, but they can help you to tell your story effectively.
4. Write Persuasive Copy – It might be tempting to add a lot of copy to your landing pages, but it’s a good idea to keep things concise. You don’t want to overwhelm visitors with too much information. Write copy that is persuasive and detailed, whilst also being clear and simple. Focus on the benefits of what you have to offer, highlighting a problem it solves or how it differs from what other businesses have available. Try to use persuasive language and storytelling techniques to connect with your visitors, taking them on a journey as they scroll down the page.
5. Include a Strong Call to Action – There is bound to be a point to having a landing page. You might want visitors to buy a product or service, sign up for a newsletter, or download an eBook. Whatever you want your audience to do, you need a strong call to action (CTA) clearly displayed on the page. Your CTA should be obvious, well-designed, and include language that encourages action. For example, you should clearly state that you want visitors to Get in Touch, Get Started or Find Out More.
6. Embrace A/B Testing – A lot of people shy away from A/B testing, assuming it to be complex and time-consuming. But, it’s a key part of improving the conversion rate of your landing pages. Regularly conducting A/B tests enables you to compare different parts on your landing pages. You can see what headlines, CTAs, colours and layouts work best. A/B testing helps you to identify what works best for your audience, and update your landing page accordingly.
7. Make Sure It’s Optimised for Mobiles – A growing number of people access landing pages when they’re on the go, using a smartphone or tablet. To ensure that your landing page is accessible to everyone, regardless of the device being used, you need to optimise it for mobile use. This means choosing a responsive landing page design, whereby everything on the page automatically responds to the size of the screen it’s being viewed on, so everyone can clearly see the information displayed.
8. Landing Page Performance Optimisation is Key – You need to avoid landing pages that load slowly, as these can lead to higher bounce rates. Optimise the performance of your landing page so everything loads quickly and correctly to reduce the chances of someone clicking off and heading elsewhere. This is also a key part of boosting SEO.
9. Create a Sense of Urgency – Even if you have a fantastic product or service and a visitor is really interested, sometimes they need a push to take action. You can do this by creating a sense of urgency by highlighting limited-time offers, promotions or deals. You could also highlight the scarcity of your product or service, making them feel as though they might miss out if they don’t act soon. This can encourage visitors to act quickly, rather than ‘umming and ahhing’ about converting.
10. Don’t Forget About Quality Assurance – With so many websites out there, everyone is used to high-quality online experiences. To make sure that your landing page provides that, you need to make sure there are no broken links or errors on your page. A smooth and simple user experience is essential, as it helps to build trust, which increases the chances of a conversion.
We Can Help Boost Your Online Conversions
There is no denying that boosting online conversions can be tough. It’s one thing to attract visitors to your landing page, but converting them from leads into paying customers is another matter entirely. Luckily, Profici is always on hand to help. We have worked with a wide range of businesses over the years, in a variety of industries, creating landing pages that really make a statement. It’s not enough to simply drive traffic to a landing page, you need to engage and inform every visitor, highlighting what you have to offer. This is something that we can help you with.
Regardless of your industry, target market and offerings, our talented team of digital marketing experts can boost your online conversions. We are able to create effective landing pages from scratch, as well as work tirelessly to improve exciting pages. All you need to do is let us know what you need, and we will take care of the rest. Contact us today to find out more.